This is the stage when many women experience back pain due to increasing size and weight, changes to pelvic tilt, increased lumbar lordosis and relaxin.
To help reduce and avoid pain…
- Wear shoes with good support both indoors and outdoors.
- Limit any heavy lifting or carrying.
- Don’t put any additional strain on your back.
- Don’t cross your legs.
- Keep moving – stay mobile.
- If you have hip pain at night place a mattress topper or duvet under your sheet.
- If you have sacro-iliac pain at night, place a bolster between your legs.
KEY TIP: If in pain, seek specialised help to prevent symptoms occurring and worsening through the rest of your pregnancy.